Translate

how to GLOW UP for 2018



It's not always about appearance - I always talk about positivity and self-love in my articles. Also, some people say GLO up while others say GLOW up. So I'm just going to go with the latter. Anyways, 2018 is just right around the corner so I have some tips on how you can become a fresh, better and improved new you just in time for the new year!!


WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS
Be clear on what you want to achieve in 2018, what aspects of life that you want to work towards, what areas of you that you want to improve on, etc. Lists always declutter your thoughts and seeing your goals ( or resolutions ) on paper will help serve as a constant reminder for you to keep striving towards them throughout the year.


SuperthumbSuperthumb












If you start the year without any clue on what you want to be doing or striving for, you're going to be stressed out really easily. I'm sure all of us want to start a year with determination and motivation.
CHANGE UP YOUR HAIR
Your hair is an important accessory! Cut it, trim it, dye it, curl it, straighten it, change your hair parting, do whatever you want with it! There's a quote we all know that goes:
New year, new me!
I recently went to the salon to dye my hair an ash blonde color and I'm OBSESSED!!! I'm thinking of going back there and getting bangs, what do you guys think?


bangsSuperthumb
UP: the bangs I want | DOWN: the hair color I have!

START 1 PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
I know I know, we're all too lazy to go to the gym. But dancing shamelessly and blasting music in your bedroom is a physical movement as well.
If you don't want to go for a run, just walk. If you don't want to go to the gym, watch yoga videos at home and practice it yourself. Doing something is always better than doing nothing at all.
A little effort can go a long way.
USE AFFIRMATIONS
I'm a big believer that self-affirmations are sososo important and there seem like meaningless, small words but they do work if you use them right and you use them consistently.
Start reminding yourself that you worked hard enough, you did your best, you succeeded in many little things that you might have already forgotten about, you made so many good memories with friends, you met new people, you did so many things in 2017.


SuperthumbSuperthumb












You might feel uncomfortable when you first start saying all these things to yourself, but you're NOT being arrogant! Glo-ing up is not only about appearances, it's about inner beauty as well.
Say it till you believe it. You'll feel confident enough to actually kick ass in 2018.
LEARN ACCEPTANCE
Let 2018 be the year of self-love, self-confidence, etc. To attract positivity into your life in 2018, you have to be positive to yourself first. If you're going to start off the new year being bitter that 2017 sucked, odds are you'll attract the same negativity into 2018 as well.
I'm not saying that once 2018 comes around you need to be this bubbly, happy person but just start now with accepting that:
" okay, perhaps 2017 was a bad year, but what are the good things that came out of it? surely there has to be some good memories and days. how can I attract more of that in 2018? what can I improve on or get rid of in my life to make 2018 better than 2017? "
LEAVE TOXIC PEOPLE IN 2017
Don't let toxic people join you in 2018. Nope, nope, nope. It's so important to surround yourself with people that make you feel good, that support you and love you for who you are. You only need those people in your life, even if it's just a handful of them, you can always find new lovely people in the future.
TRY MEDITATING
It's not for everyone, but just try it for 5-10 minutes every single morning / night. It's a good form of discipline that makes you feel so calm and relaxed, trust me. It's a good way to feel at ease and de-stress for a while. I've been trying it with this app called Headspace, you guys should check it out too: https://www.headspace.com/

Find me on :

Comentários

  1. Love the photo!! Super cute...


    Novo post: http://abpmartinsdreamwithme.blogspot.pt/2017/12/zaful-bordeaux-and-pearls-review.html

    Beijinhos ♥

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Já fiz um desenho inspirado naquela foto! Quem sabe se não o meto num próximo post ;)

    Beijinho ♥

    ResponderEliminar

Enviar um comentário

Mensagens populares